Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Change In Plans

Todays post was going to be about my history and how I came to be living in a rainforest but I since it's exactly that, history, it'll keep for another post, another day.

Instead I'm going to share some sad news. The beautiful, long awaited for filly from yesterday's Wordless Wednesday post, died yesterday afternoon. She was born Tuesday morning.


Arizona came to us already pregnant. I was dying to see this foal. To get to know it. And most importantly to let my son get to know it. My mother, Matthew and I often went down to the pasture to just talk to the horses. To take them a treat and scratch their ears and rub Ari's belly. And the worst part is that my mother is in Jamaica until Saturday so she didn't even get to see the baby.

I suppose if she was going to die it's better that it happened right away rather than after we all fell in love with her but still it's a dashed hope.

Rest in peace, sweet girl!

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

4 comments:

Maisy Brown said...

Oh, no, Jo - what happened! I'm so sorry!
Shayne xoxo

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Thanks Shayne. I have no idea what happened. One person said it was the heat. Someone else said it wasn't. Someone else said it was the eclipse (I didn't even know we had an eclipse). Really no clue.

LisaDay said...

Poor little thing.

LisaDay

Lynn said...

:( Oh I'm so sad for you and your family. I'll bet you were already in love with her :( She was beautiful.