Saturday, May 29, 2010

Welcome to Rainforest Mommy

This is me.
Joanne but most call me Jo. Mother to Matthew. Daughter to Nadine. Sister to Alexander and Patrick. Sister-in-law to Veronica and Tanis. Auntie Jo to many. Friend to many more.
I am Canadian. I live in a Rainforest.
I make signs and create art.
I love to shop.

This is Matthew.
My son. My love. My heart. And my stress.
He is a grandson. A nephew. A cousin.
He is Mayan Indian. He lives in the Rainforest, too.
He plays with trucks and balls.
He loves Doggy.

This is Doggy.
Need I say more?

This blog will be about life here in the rainforest, on our farm, with our many, many animals. For the moment, we have eleven dogs (yes I am insane), two fish, two doves, one rabbit and one cat. We share 32 acres of land with the rest of our family, my mother, brothers, their wives and their children. Or at least we will when my second brother and his family move here this summer.

Other animals on the farm include eight dogs and their 18 puppies, two cats, two turtles, many rabbits, fish and birds, three cows and two horses who will soon be three. It's a regular zoo here and I love almost every second of it!

We farm coconuts mainly but also have mangos, avocados, mahogany and teak. In the next few months we will add peppers to that list and the current plan is to plant potatoes in November.

We grow a lot of other things too but in small quantities, meaning one of this type of tree and one of that type. Matthew's favorite are the multitude of mulberry bushes. My favorite is the surinam cherry tree although Matthew usually gets most of the cherries before I do.

I have lots of ideas and thoughts to get out of my head and I thought this blog would be a good place to do that. Please visit again and leave comments. Matthew and I love comments.

Cheers :-)
Joanne
- Rainforest Mommy

4 comments:

LisaDay said...

Fantastic start. I look forward to reading the adventures of Rainforest Mommy and Matthew.

LisaDay

LisaDay said...

Fantastic start. I look forward to reading the adventures of Rainforest Mommy and Matthew.

LisaDay

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogdom! This sounds like one to bookmark.

All the best,
Melissa

SueStitches said...

Hey Jojo , thanks for linking me up. Nothing new to speak of here, busy driving up and down the road providing transportation to my daughters social calander...